No matter the size of your space, finding a little zen at home is easier than ever. We’ve put together a simple checklist along with our favorite local shops to help transform your space into a tranquil retreat.
Home Décor- More Important Than Ever Before
Feel like you are staying home a lot more? We are all observing and reflecting more on our personal surroundings than ever before. So how do we bring a little chill to our space? It’s surprisingly simple to transform your home into your sanctuary.
Our homes reflect our personalities and even affect our moods. In fact, how our homes are arranged, decorated, furnished, and organized contributes more to how we feel than we might realize. Your surroundings can either aid in your mental health or on the flip side block creativity and productivity.
Where do you begin?
To determine how to make your home a zen space, it takes a little time and focus up front but is all reward when it’s done.
Consider these factors:
- Color palette: Is your home dark and dreary or light and bright? How do the colors make you feel?
- Plants and greenery: Letting the outdoors in is huge to our sense of well-being. No green thumb? Even faux plants will help.
- Wall art: Are your walls empty? Or are they full of the scenes, people, and images that make you happy?
- Scents: Does your house smell good? Diffusing essential oils is a great way to freshen the air and make it smell good (but get a high-quality brand with no added chemicals).
- Lighting: Just like plants, humans need natural light to thrive. What are some solutions for the winter months when natural light is scarce?
- Indoor lighting, like lamps, lanterns, and candles
- So-called “happy lights” that expose you to sunlight that’s missing during winter
Where can you find what you need?
Keeping this in mind, we’ve rounded up a variety of local businesses in Hunterdon County bound to have items that appeal to both your sense of style – and your sense of calm. From unique home décor and contemporary and traditional handcrafted works of art to floral arrangements, candles, and diffusers, you’ll find everything you need to make your space warm and inviting.
10 Bridge Street, Suite 1, Frenchtown
139 Main Street, Flemington
22 North Main Street, Flemington
33 Race Street, #1, Frenchtown
30 West Bridge Street, #3, New Hope, PA
300 Witherspoon Street, Princeton
75 State Route 15, Lafayette
26 Witherspoon Street, Princeton
27 Palmer Square West, Princeton
39 Bridge Street, Frenchtown
359 Springfield Avenue, Summit
4 Spring Street, Princeton
202 Nassau Street, Princeton
434 Springfield Avenue, Summit