Life can’t be all sunshine and specialty cocktails…but this summer it could be! Let’s beat this heat, with drinks that are as strong as the sunny summer vibes. This year, mixologists are all about fruity simple syrups and margaritas, for their versatility and options to customize. Fortunately for you, our Hunterdon Happenings Winners have stepped up to the plate, and created menus that incorporate seasonal summer specialties, alongside your favorite classics. From where we stand, summer Friday’s have never looked so bright!
Photo Credit, Juniper Hill, Kitchen Coffee & Cocktails, (Annandale)
For the best Specialty Cocktails of the summer, check out these Hunterdon County hot spots:
1. Juniper Hill Kitchen Coffee & Cocktails (Annandale): try the “Baja Fire 3.0” with jalapeño infused mezcal, or their “Juniper Hill’s Black Manhattan”.
2. The Ship Inn (Milford): Under its new name, Descendants Brewing Company, their Speakeasy cocktail menu is filled with fresh new summer delights, like the Eureka Daiquiri.
3. The National Hotel (Frenchtown): Order a glass of pineapple, peach, and basil sangria, while you take in the charm and elegance of this historic hotel.
4. The Boat House (Lambertville): serving only drinks, The Boat House is the perfect stop for a summer nightcap after a dinner in town.
5. The Lambertville Station (Lambertville): Where the only thing more breathtaking than the cocktails, are the views of the Delaware River.
For more summer cocktail inspiration:
-Check out Emily Laurae (@emilylaurae) on Instagram. Her Reel for a Coconut and Pineapple Margarita will help transport you to the tropics before you can say “Cheers!”.
-If you’re looking for a way to create your own summer cocktail creations, the book “Bubbly: A Collection of Champagne and Sparkling Cocktails” is filled with light and bright libations. By local, Bucks County author Colleen Jeffers, this book is a beautiful must-have addition to every bar cart.