Meeting locals with similar interests in easier than ever thanks to digital communication. Whether discovering local events on our calendar; participating in a great local organization; or even joining in the conversation on Twitter, there are so many fun ways to meet people in Hunterdon County! One great resource for finding locals with similar interests and backgrounds to you is Meetup.com. There are TONS of groups targeted towards Hunterdon County residents! Check out 6 of our favorites:
- NJ Cycling and Activity Group: If you love an active lifestyle, this if your group! Posted activities include Riding, Skiing and Hiking. Cycling, both road and off-rouad, is centered in Somerset, Morris, Hunterdon and Sussex counties. Ride details will be announced with the ride, the information will include pace, distance, terrain. The group promotes / supports members who want to organize activities.
- NJ Hiking & Biking Group: The name says it all – this is a group of friendly, social cyclists and hikers who like to go for a good ride or hike and then share a tasty meal afterward, beer or water in hand. All levels of ability are welcome; a diverse group is encouraged! As long as you come with a sense of adventure and good spirits, you’ll fit in just fine! The group includes singles, couples, friends and people who are out for a good time, so please join us for a pedal, or a hike. Anyone and everyone is welcome.
- Somerset, Hunterdon, and Morris County Singles: To dance, party and enhance the region’s social dance skills, this group is full of fun loving people who meet at upscale venues to enjoy music and dancing, happy hours, and socializing. You’ll find a great mix of friendly 40s, 50’s and 60+ singles sharing a common interest. Dancers, newbies wanting to dance, and social butterflies alike are welcome. An occassional trip or cruise may also be planned for the group.
- Hunterdon County Canoe & Kayak Club: This is a group for anyone, of any age, interested in outdoor and adventure sports, particularly, but not limited to, all types of kayaking and canoeing. Meet-ups include trips, instruction, and even a few parties. River adventures are held in Hunterdon County, of course, but also far and wide in NJ and well beyond on lakes, picturesque river, whitewater rivers and the ocean.
- The MOMS Club of North Hunterdon: Meet other at-Home Moms in the North Hunterdon community. Whether you’re a full-time or part-time at-home mom, there are lots of activities and events for you and your kids to enjoy! The MOMS Club® is about you and your children making friends, creating memories, and building a strong support system to help guide you through the wonderful and crazy world of babies, toddlers, and preschoolers! Their calendar changes each month and with the seasons, but typical activities include park days, craft activities, tours, field trips, brunch bunch, coffee/breakfast/lunch dates, infant discussions, speakers, community service projects and MOMS Night Out. Children are welcome at all activities and meetings. Also offered are age-appropriate playgroups available for those who are interested. Prospective members may attend two meetings or one meeting and one public activity before joining. Business meetings are generally held the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Dues are $25 per year, but consideration can be made for financial hardship. Once you are a member, you may attend as many or as few activities as your schedule accommodates.
- Somerset & Hunterdon County Entrepreneurs: On the wild rollercoaster of entrepreneurship, a kindred spirit can go a long way! Meet ups are held monthly at the Somerset County Library in Bridgewater NJ (although focus is on Somerset and Hunterdon Counties) and feature smart speakers and interesting start ups. The goal is create an atmosphere learning from both failure and success while fostering a spirit of innovation and local growth. Although many of the companies are technology based, everyone is welcome.