What started with one school has grown to 225 councils in 49 states and the District of Columbia. With the help of over 98,000 volunteers, Girls on the Run served over 179,000 girls in 2015, including its millionth girl! In the same year, Girls on the Run hosted more than 350 end-of-season 5k events across the United States, making the Girls on the Run 5k series the largest in the country, and launched a new middle school program, Heart & Sole, which is dedicated to the unique needs of adolescent girls.
The true success of the program, however, is not told in the numbers, but rather in the words of the girls who participate. “Girls on the Run made me realize that I am the boss of my brain.” “I know that whatever I set my mind to do, I can do.” “At Girls on the Run I learned how to be comfortable in my own skin!”
Registration is now open, and spots are filling fast! Register your girl by Sunday August 14th to guarantee her a program shirt in the first week of lessons.
- Sunday, August 14: Register your girl by today to guarantee her a program t-shirt at the first lesson! Girls registered after this date will receive their t-shirts midseason.
- Week of September 19: Program starts at all locations
- Sunday, September 25: Last day to register for program
- Monday, September 26: 5k registration opens (all girls & coaches will already be pre-registered)
- Saturday, December 3: Fall 5K in New Hope, PA