The Clinton Guild will be hosting its first annual Taste of Clinton Restaurant Weekend on Friday April 29th through Sunday May 1st.
Taste of Clinton Restaurant Weekend will feature dining specials and individual promotions offered at our many restaurants as well as food & wine shops.
Local businesses are excited for this new event, especially Dino Rentouli, owner of the Towne Restaurant.
“We are very excited to be a part of this great event,” says Dino. “We will be participating with a lunch prefix menu throughout the weekend, which will include some of our traditional local favorites.”
Cat Christie, owner of Christie’s Bakery, is also eagerly anticipating participating in Taste of Clinton.
“What a great way to showcase everything Clinton has to offer!”, she shares with a smile.
Non-food related shops in town will be participating as well with a variety of sales and specials for you to explore as you stroll through downtown.
With many Clinton businesses participating, there is sure to be a variety of unique tastes and treats throughout the weekend. Here is a taste of what to expect:
- Clean Plate will be offering a complimentary hummus with the purchase of an entrée, and will be celebrating the opening of the patio on May 1st and introducing the summer menu.
- Stop by Jayne’s Hallmark to check out their semi-annual Kameleon trunk show.
- Addicted Jeans Store & Mary’s will be hosting a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Party on Saturday, April 30th from 12pm – 4pm, and will also be offering a complimentary tutorial/application of the “retro cat eye” just like Audrey Hepburn from a local leading cosmetics expert! Plus, Addicted will be having a Mother’s Day Sales Event on Sunday, May 1st – buy matching numbers of items, receive 20% off.
- Expressive Stitches is offering 20% off all aprons with monograms, name, or standard design.
- Dora Restaurant is offering a delicious complimentary dessert with the purchase of dinner.
- Experience the wonders of Thai cuisine at Pru Thai, who will be offering a complimentary appetizer with the purchase of one appetizer.
- Join Made to Order for a special event featuring Endless Jewelry and enter a contest to win a free bracelet.
- Visit Heartstrings to see what you can create for a centerpiece on your table! Any purchase made will receive a 15% discount on these items. Tables featured will be children’s, farm to table, formal, and fun!
- Fourchette will be offering samplings of their delicious artisan cheeses, as well as 10% off any of their newest spices.
- J.J. Scoops is offering new ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet flavors in a shake or sundae at a discount. They will also be providing samples of new frozen desserts, just in time for the warm weather.
- The Towne Restaurant will be offering a tasty prix-fixe lunch menu at just $9.95.
- Check out Christie’s Artisan Bread & Pastry Shop for samplings and tastings of various baked goods.
- Balic of Clinton is offering a special “So Now You’re the Chef” wine tasting and gourmet sampling, and you can enter a drawing to win a gift certificate for a private wine tasting.
- Clinton Fudge Company is offering a sweet treat of 10% off fudge purchases, as well as samples of fudge bites and chocolate-dipped fruit.
- Sweet Eliza’s is offering a 15% discount and samples of candies.
- Stop by Scotty G’s for 10% off all orders.
- Hunterdon Art Museum will be offering a 10% discount off a membership purchased in person at the Museum. Members are entitled to discounts on summer art camps, classes, birthday parties, and more.
- Just Chill will be donating a percentage of their sales to North Hunterdon High School’s Relay for Life – come enjoy some crepes or frozen yogurt for a good cause!
- Enjoy 20% off food and beverages at the Holiday Inn Clinton.
- The Red Mill Museum Village will be hosting tours for their exhibit, “Sunny Side Up”, on Saturday April 30th. “Sunny Side Up” is an exhibit about breakfast in the nineteenth century. Those showing a restaurant receipt from a Clinton restaurant on April 30th will be able to pay half off admission! Tours are every half hour from 12pm to 4pm in Gallery One of the museum.