National Oyster Day is celebrated Saturday, August 5, 2017.
With over 100 species of oysters in existence, there is no shortage of varieties to sample, whether you prefer the east coast oysters – which tend to be smaller, milder and saltier – or West coast oysters – which are known to be creamy and sweet.
Here are some places to celebrate around Hunterdon Countty
- Metropolitan Seafood at the Stockton Market, 19 Bridge St, Stockton, NJ: Celebrating with a purchase of buy six and get one free! Featuring; Glidden Pt. Oysters – Main, Blue Points – Connecticut & Puffer Petites-Mass. For all Oyster lovers, swing by this Saturday with a light white wine to sip while enjoying 1/2 dozen + 1 Oysters!
- Hamilton’s Grill Room, 8 Coryell St, Lambertville, NJ: Currently on the summer menu – Iced north Atlantic Oysters with Mignonette
- DeAnna’s, 54 N Franklin St, Lambertville, NJ: Happy Hour Raw Bar Thursdays & Friday 4pm to 6pm
- Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn, 11 Bridge St, Lambertville, NJ: Fresh oysters daily!
- Bell’s Tavern, 183 N Union St, Lambertville, NJ: Order up a plate of Friday Oysters from the historic Bell’s Tavern, which has been open for over 80 years!
- The National Hotel Restaurant, 31 Race St, Frenchtown, NJ: Fresh oysters daily!
- The Milford House, 92 Water Street Milford, NJ: Formerly the “Milford Oyster House” but don’t worry- they still serve fresh oysters! Find the latest sections on their Facebook page.