By Liz Johnson
Had enough of the cold and the gray? Maybe it’s time for some simple, cost-effective upgrades to liven up the winter nest. After all, spring IS just around the corner! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Give your windows a good cleaning. There’s nothing like a clear view to the outdoors to give a new outlook on life.
Tip: If the cold is keeping you from wiping exterior glass, try 2018 Hunterdon Happening List winner Pat’s Window Cleaning in Flemington.
2. Is the junk mail and paperwork piling up? Are closets and drawers brimming with clutter? Winter is a good time to sort through things to get a fresh start on the new year.
Tip: If clutter and disorganization has you overwhelmed, give 2018 Hunterdon Happening List Finalist White Light Organizing in Lambertville a call.
3. Now that you’ve done the deep clean, take a look at what you’re getting rid of, like those designer jeans that don’t fit anymore. If they still have some life in them, take them to a consignment shop to sell or trade up to something you like more.
Tip: 2018 Hunterdon Happening List Winner Country Chic Boutique in Frenchtown takes clothes on consignment. It’s also a treasure trove of fashion on the dime.
4. A fresh coat of paint can breathe life into a well-established home. Spend a day at a paint store picking out swatches, then put on some old clothes and break out a paint brush and roller. Make an event of it by inviting friends to help (wine optional).
Tip: If you’re not all that into DIY painting, give Hunterdon Happening favorite Paul Hahn Painting LLC in Flemington a call.
5. Maybe it’s time for a complete home makeover. If you don’t have the cash to put into remodeling, try hiring a home stager or interior designer for some new ideas.
Tip: 2018 Hunterdon Happening List Winner Tasteful Spaces Home Staging and Redesign in Milford can give you a few ideas if you’re feeling short on them.