Planning a conference or meeting can be daunting with the seemingly endless decisions to make and things to do. But it doesn’t have to be that way! We talked to the corporate specialists at the Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn to put together a list of steps to planning the perfect event. Consider it a “cheat sheet” for your next team building afternoon, educational seminar, corporate training or networking event.
10 Steps To Planning A Conference or Meeting
- Figure out the “Why” Is it to secure new clients? Generate Revenue? Team Build? Gain publicity?
- Make a Wish List What do you envision for your conference. It is a proven fact that off-site meetings get better results. Think about the location, your speaker, the number of attendees, food breaks and activities.
In addition to the conventional perks such as continental breakfast, complimentary WiFi and parking, the Lambertville Inn and Conference Center offers an abundance of charm in a picture-perfect setting. Situated on the Delaware River, most of the conference spaces look over the river or the creek ensuring that guests are never too far away from a beautiful view.
- Create a Budget When choosing a venue for your conference or meeting, you typically need to work within a budget.
Lambertville Station has a variety of different meeting room options to suit all of your needs, while keeping within your financial budget.
- Choose Practically What services does the venue provide, is the location convenient to your attendees?
Combine the rustic elegance and charm of the Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn with its convenience to New York and Philadelphia, and you have the perfect place to hold a corporate conference or retreat. The four-diamond boutique Inn has 46 welcoming and stylish rooms to stay in as well as four unique venues in which to host meetings.
- Work with Your Venue Create a spreadsheet of what your venue has to offer. Be sure to note costs such as room rentals, AV rentals and support options, menu options and number of hotel rooms.
Dedicated to excellence, the Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn Conference Department provides every detail that will make your conference or celebration a successful and memorable event. The professional Conference Team takes pride in the impeccable planning, coordination and implementation necessary to ensure a perfectly executed event. And the experienced Culinary Team provides a wide selection of options to accommodate even the most discriminating palates. No technical worries here! You will be provided a technical expert to assist you with all of your audio/visual needs and ensure that everything goes smoothly.
- Who is your Speaker? Identify the speaker who will best help you achieve the conference’s objectives and still meets your budget.
- Set the Agenda First start with your time line based on your contracted space at the Venue. Draft a detailed timeline for your conference. Typically, 8 a.m. is a reasonable start time and 4:30 or 5 p.m. would be the conclusion. Be sure to include break times, and plan to feed your participants every few hours. The experts at Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn suggest starting with a Breakfast, a morning or afternoon Break and Lunch. Are you planning a group activity? Based on your location, what is there to do near the Venue. Is there a Restaurant near your meeting space for a Team Dinner?
The Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn offers a unique Wine Cellar, an award-winning restaurant with al fresco dining or an elegant dining room, and a full catering staff. All of these amenities mean that your guests can relax and enjoy incredible drinks and cuisine without even needing to leave the premises. But, if they do want to venture off-site, they’ll also have a multitude of options just steps away in Lambertville and New Hope.
- Communicate to your Participants Contact the Venue where you are hosting your conference to review what is needed and by what date. Create an event website with on line registration or create a response link for attendance. Ask your attendees if there are allergies or special meal requests, and be sure to communicate them to the Venue.
- Plan for a Stress-Free Event Day Be sure to communicate with your participants in advance so they know what to expect and where to go. If you have guests with special meal requests, find out what meals they will be served and who should they see on site. Tour the meeting space before your event begins and make sure everything is in order. Introduce yourself to the Event Staff and let them know you are the point of contact. At the end of the event, walk the meeting space and be sure to collect any items that your group may have left behind.
- Evaluate your Conference/Meeting As things wind down and invoices come in, see what you can learn for next time. Have your participants fill out a paper or electronic evaluation form and look for common pieces of feedback. Be sure and share feedback with the Venue you used as they will also find that information valuable.
Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t be. If you’re planning your conference or meeting at the Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn, the staff will be there to walk you through every step of the process. The Conference Manager will work closely with you to plan and execute every detail. The experts at Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn are dedicated to removing all outside stress by having their staff provide excellent service, attention to detail and fabulous food … all in a welcome and stylish venue.
“Our Mission here at Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn is to provide exceptional service and an unforgettable experience. Every Conference is unique. Our Conference Host is our top priority. Each guest, whether at the Inn or Restaurant, is a VIP. We put our passion behind this company to help make it what it is and will be for many years.”
Because it is a boutique, independent venue, The Lambertville Station Restaurant & Inn can customize every aspect of your stay. Choose from four different venues to accommodate from two to 200 people for meetings, conferences, and retreats. After a meeting, guests can relax in the famous Wine Cellar or dine at the restaurant right on the property.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram